There’s something about Ladakh that puts life into perspective. The peace and calm let you reflect and introspect, which usually leads to some rather intense and fascinating thoughts – Which is exactly what happened during Miss Wanderlust‘s trip to Ladakh earlier this year.
Turns out, I wasn’t the only one.
1. You can’t but feel incredibly insignificant in the larger scheme of things when you are immersed and consumed in the massive panoramas and majestic mountains of Ladakh. Nature is so massive – we’re all tiny in comparison.
3. The mountains have stood for thousands of years and will stand for thousands more. Such an enormous sense of timelessness it is, to know that a particular place has looked exactly the same since time immemorial!
4. Far too often, we surround ourselves with so many other people and things that we forget to spend time with ourselves. Stop. Reflect. Listen to that voice in your head—it probably has something beautiful to say!
5. The joy is in the journey. The destination, if there is even one, is purely incidental.
6. Words of wisdom can be found in the strangest of places – from painted milestones by highways in faraway lands to shop signs in tiny Kashmiri hamlets.
7. It is a very special feeling, to not see absolutely any trace of human existence for miles around. Revel In the solitude by spending time with yourself!
8. For all the things we chase in life, what more do we need than peace and contentment? The prayer flags that flutter all around Ladakh are a constant reminder of this simple yet often forgotten fact.
9. The melting snow on the monumental mountains is such a beautiful, natural paradox – where the ephemeral meets the eternal.
10. No two journeys to Ladakh are the same. Every time you visit Ladakh, it will be a whole new experience—and you will discover a little part of you that you didn’t quite know existed.