I’ve been wanting to visit the Neemrana Fort Palace for a while now – and finally made it happen. A flight to Delhi followed by a 90 minute drive later, we were at the Neemrana Fort Palace. Here is a look at some of the highlights of my time there, and things to keep in mind if you’re planning a holiday of your own.
- The rooms are beautiful. Every single room is different and stunning (goodbye boring hotel rooms). The rustic aura of the historic fort really comes through too.
- So much to explore within the fort. We walked 8 kms through the fort on our first day there discovering secret corridors, breathtaking vantage points, mysterious stairways and more. It’s quite an adventure, especially because you never know what you will discover.
- Zip-lining above the fort: Had a great time ziplining with FireFox on the hill overlooking the Neemrana Fort Palace. Would absolutely recommend the experience. Interestingly enough, this was India’s first-ever zip-line. (Also, I promise to write a specific post on my zip-lining saga!)
- The hospitality: Never felt more at home in a hotel, enough said.
- Neemrana by night: As the sun goes down (don’t miss the sunset) the entire fort lights up with hundreds of twinkling bulbs. It is a sight to remember!
Things to keep in mind:
- The food choice tends to get limited, especially since it’s not practical to get out of the fort for a meal
- Plan your travel from Neemrana to Delhi wisely, the hotel transport is terribly overpriced.
- There’s no TV in the rooms. There’s no in-room dining either. So if that’s the kind of holiday you’re looking for, you may return disappointed
- The fort has a lot of climbing and walking, so it may not be the best idea for those with mobility issues.
- Be sure to book much in advance or you will get stuck with the worst rooms – which would be a real pity!
Anyway, we had a super holiday and would highly recommend the place to all of you. Here are some glimpses:
More from Miss Wanderlust