1. You love sitting on the parapet at Marine Drive, admiring the skyline of Mumbai – at sunset, or late at night when coffee shops and clubs have closed.
2. The most used (and abused) part of your car is the horn
3. Despite the countless fine dine restaurants around, Vada pav and piping hot cutting chai are the hands-down favourites. Read: 6 Spectacular Restaurants Every Food Lover Must Visit
4. You firmly believe that World War 3 will be fought over parking. Read: Five Things To Do In Bombay (Before It’s Too Late)
5. Amitabh Bachchan’s house is a landmark.
6. You have been guilty of buying fake jerseys and unbranded denims from Colaba Causeway, the city’s most popular street side shopping destination.
7. You are perpetually cribbing about the weather (and how hot it is). Read: India’s Best Offbeat Beaches: Shh, keep the secret!
8. You have mastered the skill of survival and fitting into as little place as possible after riding on the Mumbai local trains.
9. As a child, you have played street cricket in your building compound and everyone fought to bat (usually the big kids won). If you were really serious about the sport, you spent mornings practicing at Shivaji Park.
10. Winter means it is 28 degrees – and you actually bring out your sweater and gloves.
11. You consider the little patch of moss and weed outside your building as a ‘garden.’
12. The only thing you follow as closely as the IPL matches is the stock market.
13. Every now and then, you spot a Bollywood star. And you love boasting about it to friends in other cities.
14. You are emotionally attached to the sea. Read: Why Everyone In Mumbai Should Go Sailing (Atleast Once)!
15. You secretly read Page 3 of the Bombay Times with great interest and then publically trash it.
16. Sachin Tendulkar. Enough said.
17. During cricket season, all the roads are blocked – because people in the streets are looking at television screens in shop display windows.
18. The neighbourhood chaatwala is a legend. If he ran for local elections, he would win hands down.
19. You know at least one person who falls into each of the following groups: big shot share broker, diamond merchant, struggling actress and aspiring cricketer.
20. THIS IS SPARTAAA: Dadar station at peak hour.
21. Everyone speaks a peculiar language known as ‘Bambaiyya’ –which is essentially Hindi mixed up with Marathi, Gujarati, English and loads of slang. For example, ‘dimaagi ki dahi’ means that something is causing you unnecessary mental stress.
22. Everything is classified into East and West, unless specified otherwise.
23. The beautiful Bandra Worli Sea Link makes you incredibly proud. Proof: The countless pictures you have taken of it on your phone!
24. You find it difficult to live in any other city of India – the pace is just too slow.
25. Mondegar, Leopold, Gokul, Janata, Bay View – Some of your happiest memories have been at these iconic watering holes. (Read: 10 Awesome Things To Do In South Mumbai)
This article was originally published on the official website of Royal Challengers Bangalore